This article is to give an overview on the Device Magic File Storage access settings.
Files stored in the Device Magic File Storage include:
- Files Stored using Device Magic Binary Transport
- Files delivered to the Device Magic Database
- Files delivered to Google Spreadsheets
- Files delivered to Zapier
-Device Magic Database exports to email
There are two settings that affect how files stored in Device Magic File Storage are accessed.
Version 1 is the old organization-level setting that controlled whether a user needed to be logged in to access files stored in the Device Magic File Storage.
You can find this setting in your Organization Settings.
It is either Enabled - in which case anyone can access files if they have the link.
Or off - a user will need to be logged into your organization to be able to access the files.
Version 1 links look like:
Version 2 is the newly released way to access the stored files.
In version 2 each Destination / Device Magic Database export has its own Public/Private setting.
Setting on Device Magic File Transport:
Setting on Device Magic Database Export:
Files generated by either of these functions will send the Public/Private link based on the setting.
- The Private link will always require a login to access.
- The Public link will be accessible without login if the file is set to Public.
You can manage the files delivered by Version 2 from your Organization settings.
Managing V2 Stored Files
Clicking the "Manage Stored Files" button will take you to a page where you can view and search all your stored files.
You can edit he Public/Private setting on any of the files using the dropdown.
There are 3 options.
Private: Both links will work but the user has to be logged in to view the file.
- Public: The Private link will require the user to be logged in, the Public link will let anyone with the link access the file.
- Full Public: Both links will let anybody access the file.