With the Spreadsheet format, you can send your submitted data to a live Google Sheet. Each submission will create a new row of data in the Google Sheet.
Add a Google Sheet Destination
To set up this destination, go to your Forms page and locate your form. Then, click the settings icon to view the menu and select Destinations. On the following page, click New Destination.
Note: By default, two destinations are added every form created.
Note: Depending on the subscription package you have, your available destination options will vary.
Select Google Drive as the destination.
Select Spreadsheet as the format.
3. You can specify that images, signatures and sketches are sent to a different service other than Device Magic. See this help article for more information.
4. Add an optional Description to your destination. You can also set your destination to be active or inactive here. When the Active box is unchecked, the destination will not deliver submitted data.
5. Optionally include submission meta data. This is data about the form itself, such as the submission ID. If you would like it to be included in your sheet, check the box.
6. Next, select to which account you'd like to have your data sent, and ensure you have a name for your sheet.
If you would like to use placeholders to determine the name of the sheet, click the button that says Show me placeholders I can use in this folder path to see a list of the placeholders that are applicable to your form.
If you'd like to send this sheet to a shared drive, provide the associated Shared Drive ID. This value is the 19 character alphanumeric value that can be found at the end of the URL when accessing your shared drive.
It will be the value after: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/
There is also an option to provide a folder path for your sheet, for example:
However, this isn't a requirement, as Device Magic will automatically generate one for you. To learn more about Folder path customization, visit our article here.
7. In this step you will be given the option to set your File access mode to Private or Public.
8. Here you have the option to create Destination Rules for when you want the Destination to be active. To learn more Destination Rules, visit this article.
Lastly, click the Create Destination button at the bottom of the page.
New Submission Data
New submissions will populate data into a new row on the spreadsheet. Please reference the below section for limitations that may affect where the data populates if changes are made to the form.
Repeat Groups in Google Sheets
If the submission has multiple Repeat Group Items, a new row will be created for each repeat group item.
Please note that there are a couple of limitations to the Google Sheet Destination.
The following changes to a form will result in a new tab being created and the next delivery will be sent there:
Saving the mobile form - When a submission from the updated version is sent to the sheet, a new tab will be created, and the delivery sent there.
Editing column headers generated by Device Magic.
Creating columns with the same headers as those generated by Device Magic (ex. submissionid).
Adding an additional column header.
If you would like to edit your Google Sheet layout, like delete columns or add filtering, please make a copy of the sheet on which to make your adjustments. Editing the original Google Sheet can cause issues and delivery errors.
Note: If you were previously using the Google Sheet Connection and are now experiencing problems with stuck forms, read this article to find out how to redirect these errors to a Google Sheet Destination.
Other Useful Articles:
If you have any questions or comments feel free to send us a message at email@example.com