In this article we will be giving an overview of repeat groups.
What is a repeat group?
A repeat group is like a subform, but in this instance you can add one set of questions, that can be answered multiple times, using the forms app.
After clicking "Add Item":
Name your field.
This allows you to give a hint to help people answer a specific question. This will be displayed below the field, on the device.
A default answer provided by you, placed in the question field. This text can be removed by the user.
How the field is identified in the form (the name of the field). You can also provide custom identifiers for long questions, to simplify template creation. Even though longer identifiers take up more space on the template, the data pertaining to that placeholder may not use all the given space and could possibly throw your template out of bounds.
Combining the field answers by using the field names, to give the user a summary of what they have done so far
Note: As an example to combine the fields for a full summary, use "CONCATENATE(all field names separated by a comma)"
Check out this help article for more information on Data Binding.
- Always (always shows in the form and returns answers in submissions)
- Only When (only shows in the form and returns answers in submissions under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
- Never (one is never required to answer it in order to submit the form)
- When It's Visible (one has to answer this question in order to submit the form)
- When It's visible and... (one only needs to answer the question under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
Allows you to set a rule so as to ensure the question is answered according to a particular condition.
You are also able to set an error message so as to indicate to the person how they went wrong with their answer and what they need to do in order to correct it.
Records down the time the question was answered.
Records down the location where the question was answered.
For more information on how to add repeat group data to a custom template, click here.
Other Useful Articles:
- Using Repeat Groups (For Loops) in Custom Templates
- Repeat Group In-App Features
- Repeat Group Data-Binding
If you have any questions or comments feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.