The Barcode Field is used to scan barcodes, which extracts the information into text format in the field. Point the camera to a barcode and the app will scan it automatically.
External Barcode Scanners
External barcode scanners connected via Bluetooth or NFC aren't officially supported via the Barcode question. As a workaround, try using the scanner in conjunction with a Free Text question after pairing successfully.
Name the field.
Restrict to 1D barcodes only
User can manually override
This allows you to give a hint to help people answer a specific question. This will be displayed below the field, on the device.
A default answer provided by you, placed in the question field. This text can be removed by the user.
How the field is identified in the form (the name of the field). You can also provide custom identifiers for long questions, to simplify template creation. Even though longer identifiers take up more space on the template, the data pertaining to that placeholder may not use all the given space and could possibly throw your template out of bounds.
- Always (always shows in the form and returns answers in submissions)
- Only When (only shows in the form and returns answers in submissions under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
- Never (one is never required to answer it in order to submit the form)
- When It's active (one has to answer this question in order to submit the form)
- When It's active and... (one only needs to answer the question under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
- Never (not a read-only question)
- Always (always a read-only question)
- Only When (only a read-only question under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
Set a rule to ensure the answer meets a defined condition(s).
A customizable error message can also be set.
Records the date and time the question was answered.
Records the location where the question was answered.