To access your organization's file storage settings, navigate to your Organization Settings page.
Files stored in the Device Magic File Storage include:
- Files Stored using Device Magic Binary Transport
- Files delivered to the Device Magic Database
- Files delivered to Google Sheets
- Files delivered to Zapier
- Device Magic Database exports to email
Store Files as Private/Public:
There are two settings that affect how files stored in Device Magic File Storage are accessed.
Version 1 is the organization-level setting that controls whether a user needs to be logged in to access files stored in the Device Magic File Storage.
You can find this setting in your Organization Settings, under "File Access".
At the bottom, "Enable Public File Access" can be switched "ON" or "OFF".
ON: Public File Access is enabled. Anyone can access files if they have the link.
OFF: A user will need to be logged into your organization in order to access the files.
Version 1 links look like the following example:
Version 2 is the other way to access the stored files.
In version 2, each Device Magic Destination / Device Magic Database Email Export has its own Public/Private setting.
- Setting in your Device Magic Destination's Settings Page:
- Setting on Device Magic Database Email Export:
Note: The above is only available when you choose to "Send to Email" when downloading submissions from the Device Magic Database.
Files generated by either of these functions will send the Public/Private link based on the setting.
- The Private link will always require a login to access.
- The Public link will be accessible without login if the file is set to Public.
Manage File Access of Stored Files
Also in your Organization Settings, clicking the "Manage Stored Files" button will take you to a page where you can view and search all your stored files.
You can edit the "File Access Mode" setting on any of the files using the dropdown.
There are 3 options:
- Private: Both links will work but the user has to be logged in to view the file.
- Public: The Private link will require the user to be logged in, the Public link will let anyone with the link access the file.
- Full Public: Both links will let anybody access the file.
To quickly make all the files in your list "Full Public", click the "Make all files publicly accessible" button.
Then click "OK" on the pop-up message.
Other Useful Articles:
- Two Factor Authentication Guide
- Personal Settings
- Device Magic Database
- Downloading Form Submissions
If you have any questions or comments feel free to send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.