Data Connector for Salesforce is a free add-on for Google Sheets that allows users to import their Salesforce data into a spreadsheet. This tool is useful for keeping your Google Sheet Live Resource completely up to date with your Salesforce data.
Set Up the Add-On
To import Salesforce data with Google Sheets, you'll need to set up the add-on by following the steps below.
Step 1: Download add-on
Open a sheet in Google Sheets.
At the top, click Add-ons and Get add-ons.
3. Using the top right search bar, search for Data Connector for Salesforce.
4. Select the add-on and click Install.
Step 2: Connect to Salesforce
At the top of your Google Sheet, click Add-ons then select Data Connector for Salesforce and Open. You will see a panel appear on the right side of the screen.
From the dropdown menu, choose the Salesforce environment you want to sign in to.
Sign in with your Salesforce username and password.
Import Data from Salesforce
Import Your Data
From the Add-ons menu at the top of your Google Sheet, choose Data Connector for Salesforce and click Open.
2. At the right, select Import.
3. Use the search bar to find the Salesforce Object with the data you want. You can select more than one Object if you'd like. Then click Next.
4. Select the fields you want to import, and add any filters you would like. Then click Next.
5. Click Get Data.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once you have chosen the fields and imported your data, be cautious of changing these options in this sheet. Any changes will need to meet the requirements for updating a resource shown in this article. This is to ensure the bindings between any forms and this resource stay consistent.
Set Your Import Schedule
The Data Connector for Salesforce add-on gives you the ability to set an automatic import schedule. This will allow you to keep your spreadsheet up to date with your Salesforce account without having to manually refresh or make edits.
1. At the top of your Google Sheet, click Add-ons, Data connector for Salesforce and Open.
2. On the right, select Refresh.
3. Under Auto Refresh click Create.
4. Choose the sheet you would like to update and how often, then click Create.
5. Select Refresh again to view the execution log or delete unwanted schedules.
Create Your Resource
Follow these instructions using the sheet you just set up to create your Live Resource. Link this resource to a form to make your live Salesforce data available in Device Magic.
If you have any questions or comments feel free to send us a message at email@example.com.