There may be some instances where a form that was successfully saved in the Form Designer is unable to be opened in the mobile app.
When a form is unable to be opened in the app, you will see a red ⚠️ symbol next to the form name.
When you attempt to open the form you will receive the following error message:
"Oh, no! Unable to open this form. Please contact our support to figure out what's going wrong."
Examples of Issues that cause this error:
Empty Conditional Rules
1. Issue: One or more questions have lost their Active / Required / Read-only / Validation Rule conditions. This can occur if an associated field was deleted.
Fix: Re-enter conditions and save.
Invalid Calculated Questions Expressions
1. Issue: Using a text field / select options / lookup to do calculations.
Fix: Only numerical values can be used in calculations. Use the
TO_NUMBER() function to change a text value to a numerical value.
Price_Lookup * QTY_select_question - Lookup & Select Question are text values.
TO_NUMBER(Price_Lookup) * TO_NUMBER(QTY_select_question) - Surround each text value with the TO_NUMBER() function to change the value to a number.
2. Issue: If statement expression is missing an else argument.
Fix: IF statements should always contain an else argument.
IF(Question_1 = 1, “pass”) - No else argument.
IF(Question_1 = 1, “pass”,”fail”) - Contains the else argument: "false".
IF(Question_1 = 1, “pass”,””) - Empty value in quotes is also acceptable: " ".
3. Issue: LOOKUP expression does not have 5 arguments.
Fix: Re-create your LOOKUP expression so it contains exactly 5 arguments.
- Invalid, as only contains 4 arguments.
- Valid, contains 5 arguments.
4. Issue: No parentheses around negative numbers.
Fix: Add parentheses around negative numbers.
ADDDAYS(Date_Question,Days * (-1))
Invalid Initial Answer Expressions
DATE() function that doesn’t contain 3 numerical arguments.
Fix: Add 3 numerical fields or values.
DATE(NOW()) - Needs 3 values to populate the date automatically, only has 1.
DATE(YEAR(NOW()),MONTH(NOW()),DAY(NOW())) - Use this expression to populate the current date.
If you are unable to find the cause of the error or correct it successfully, please contact our support team at email@example.com with the following details:
Name of Form:
Name of Device: