To update a resource, first navigate to the Resources tab found on the left side of your Dashboard.
Once the Resources page has loaded, you will see a list of previously uploaded resources.
To find the resource you would like to update, use the "Search" bar or scroll through the list until you locate the appropriate resource.
To edit the resource, click the pencil icon to the far right.
This will direct you to a new "Edit Resource" page which includes the following:
- Original File: The current file name.
- Version: The version number of the resource. This will increase sequentially each time the resource is updated.
- Description: Here you can edit the description of the resource.
- File: "Choose File" to select the updated resource file.
Note: Before uploading a new Excel file, check that your spreadsheet meets our formatting required to prevent breaking the bindings between the resource and your forms.
Excel Update Formatting Requirements:
- The first row contains column headers. Headers present in the previously uploaded version of the resource should remain the same. Ex. Order, names, etc.
- New columns should be placed to the right of existing columns.
- Sheet names stay consistent for sheets present in the previously uploaded version.
When your updated file is ready, click on "Choose File".
You will be prompted to select the file from your directory. After selecting your file, click "Choose" and then the "Update resource" button in the top right hand corner.
If your upload was successful, you will be redirected to your Resources list and a message will flash "Resource updated successfully".
The resource is now updated and your linked forms will sync with the new file.
Download your Resource:
To download the current version of the resource, click on the file name of the resource when looking at the list or click on the arrow on the far right.
Other Useful Articles:
- Resource Overview
- Map Overlay Resource
- Google Sheet Live Resource
- Device Magic Database Live Resource
If you have any questions or comments please send us a message at email@example.com.