To update a resource, first navigate to the Resources tab found on the left side of your Dashboard.
Once the Resources page has loaded, you will see a list of previously uploaded resources.
To find the resource you would like to update, use the "Search" bar or scroll through the list until you locate the appropriate resource.
To edit the resource, click the pencil icon to the far right.
This will direct you to a new "Edit Resource" page which includes the following:
- Original File: The current file name.
- Version: The version number of the resource. This will increase sequentially each time the resource is updated.
- Description: Here you can edit the description of the resource.
- File: "Choose File" to select the updated resource file.
Note: Before uploading a new Excel file, check that your spreadsheet is formatted correctly to prevent breaking the bindings between the resource and your forms:
- The first row is the column headers. Headers present in the previously uploaded resource should stay exactly the same.
- Adding additional column headers to the spreadsheet may also break the link.
- Do not use any commas or ampersand signs.
- Make sure there are no empty rows in between data.
When your updated file is ready, click on "Choose File".
You will be prompted to select the file from your directory. After selecting your file, click "Choose" and then the "Update resource" button in the top right hand corner.
If your upload was successful, you will be redirected to your Resources list and a message will flash "Resource updated successfully".
The resource is now updated and your linked forms will sync with the new file.
Download your current Resource:
To download the current version of the resource, click on the file name of the resource when looking at the list or click on the arrow on the far right.
If you have any questions or comments please send us a message at email@example.com or leave us a comment below.