The Location Field is used to show GPS information based on the location of the device. It is done automatically by Geolocation. Always ensure that location services is turned on, on your device.
New Device Magic iOS app UI:
Original Device Magic UI:
Location Mobile App Features
iOS only (coming soon to Android)
When you click on a location map value in the mobile form, additional options are shown.
Question without map overlay
You'll notice that the question states how far away the pin is from your current location. The option to toggle between miles and kilometers for this measurement can be found by clicking the information icon in the top right corner. The option to toggle between "Map" and "Satellite" views for the map is also present.
By clicking "Get Directions", the Maps app will open and the directions to the dropped pin will populate.
Question with map overlay
Additional options not mentioned above.
- Slider - Adjust the opacity of the image overlaying the map.
- Off button - Don't show the image overlaying the map.
Name the field.
Select a map overlay resource.
Determined as soon as form opens:
Check this option so the location of the device is recorded the moment one opens the form.
Users can Manually override
This allows you to give a hint to help people answer a specific question. This will be displayed below the field, on the device.
A default answer provided by you, placed in the question field. This text can be removed by the user.
How the field is identified in the form (the name of the field). You can also provide custom identifiers for long questions, to simplify template creation. Even though longer identifiers take up more space on the template, the data pertaining to that placeholder may not use all the given space and could possibly throw your template out of bounds.
- Always (always shows in the form and returns answers in submissions)
- Only When (only shows in the form and returns answers in submissions under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
- Never (one is never required to answer it in order to submit the form)
- When It's active (one has to answer this question in order to submit the form)
- When It's active and... (one only needs to answer the question under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
- Never (not a read-only question)
- Always (always a read-only question)
- Only When (only a read-only question under certain conditions – decided upon by you when you click the “Set Rule” button that appears)
Allows you to set a rule so as to ensure the question is answered according to a particular condition.
You are also able to set an error message so as to indicate to the person how they went wrong with their answer and what they need to do in order to correct it.
Records down the time the question was answered.
Records down the location where the question was answered.